MATT NUMRICH – JEET KUNE DO SUMMIT SEMINAR
Product includes: Dimensions 15 × 20 × 05 cm | Weight 0.300 g
Delivery: Digital Download
Product Include: Dimensions 15 × 20 × 05 cm
File size: Weight 0.300 g
We all know that finding solid Jeet Kune Do instruction is getting harder and harder. Trying to find a reputable instructor in your area is often difficult enough (if there is one). If you try to browse Youtube for JKD videos, you’ll be confused by the disorganized mix of topics, instructors and bits of information. The constant searching and rushing around can leave even the most motivated person depressed and wasting a lot of time. These are just two of the reasons why I created the JKD Newsletter and the JKD Summit Seminars, which were held last March in Chicago. It was an avalanche of information about Jeet Kune Do that kept even the most experienced practitioner busy!
What made this event so powerful? Having a wide range of instructors teaching everything from Kick Boxing to Ground Fighting, Weapons to Close Quarters, traditional moves to contemporary concepts, techniques to drills, hands-on training to extremely interesting philosophy.
I would love to say that this was an easy event to organize. But it wasn’t. It was very time consuming, extremely expensive to place, and a logistical nightmare. 5 Instructors from across the US, leading 5 in-person seminars, plus 5 online streams, participants from over a dozen states and viewers from around the world. But all the hard work my dedicated team and I put in paid off with an incredible experience.
Here is a brief summary of what is covered by each instructor:
(approximate total running time: 2.5 hours)
· Tim Tackett went around the block. As the senior seminar instructor, Tim shared much of his knowledge. Here are just some of the things you’ll learn:
· The secret of trap immobilization
· How to use the high point trap
· Detailed leg destruction
· The “impressive lop sao”
· How to use the capture side head strike
· Why straight fist lop sao is so devastating
· The “all together lop sao” combo
· A lot more!
(approximate total running time: 2.5 hours)
· Attendees were impressed with the level of knowledge this young instructor had. There is no doubt why Guru Inosanto has him as one of the top instructors at the Inosanto Academy. Here is just a little bit of what Daniel covered in the seminar:
· A simple and super effective warm-up exercise that you need to start using today to increase your flexibility and speed
· How to use the jag step, in addition to the pendulum and the “rock a shuffle”, which unconsciously confuses and unbalances your opponent
· Hand trap drills that you’ll have to watch in slow motion but will build skills like none of your friends or training partners have seen
· Various trap sequences that you can start using in your training as soon as possible – with tons of awesome weapons
· Ground fighting, covering guard passes and moves you didn’t even know existed
· How to use “attach or capture” to improve your close range game
· Surprise your opponent with the secret of the running hand strike
· The 5 levels of speed – you need to know this info!
· Silat entree and accompaniments that surprised our participants
· Why the combo attack should be in your training arsenal and how it can deliver multiple hits in 2-3 seconds
(approximate total running time: 1 hour)
· Sifu Tucci is often referred to as the “trainer’s trainer,” and you’ll see why he eloquently demonstrates extremely effective techniques and training methods. Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
· Female/Male triangle… finally get this information and gain solid footwork skills
· Quickly counter your attacker with the importance of scrambling and how to do it correctly
· The Drill You Should Know: The Sector Pass Drill (this one was a crowd favorite!)
· The secret of “splitting the bamboo”, increasing your empty hand and weapon defenses!
· Keeping the measure of the fight, using Jeet Tec (this move will also blow your attacker’s knee!)
· Offensive highline series including jabs, crosses and hooks…too much to write home about!
· Much much more!
(approximate total operating time: 3 hours)
· Although Dwight joked about his age, there was no doubting his wisdom. He had the crowd in deep thought, or laughing hysterically! Here’s some of what he covered:
· The JKD/Kali connection, blending two of the most street savvy arts together
· The importance of the side triangle and why it gives you an angle of attack your opponent will never see coming
· Six counts and closes 4 exercises, plus 14 counts!!! Rarely seen on film!
· Want the weapon skills? Quick lessons that will take years off your t
Get MATT NUMRICH – JEET KUNE DO SUMMIT SEMINAR at Salaedu.net
There are no reviews yet.